Budgeting Methods and Techniques
(1)Incremental or historical budget- This is the most common type of budget it is also called as Line item budget this budget technique divide item of expenditure line-by-line into a broad categories such as books journals, salaries, allowances, equipments supply etc.
This budget use traditional method it take into account past expenditure on each items and prepare current budget so it is also called historical budget.
This budgeting technique uses 5% to 10% increment of past budget.
(2) Formula Budgeting- This budgeting method look like broad and quick method and save lots of time, in this method formula used for financial estimation and budget justification.
(3) Programme budget- this method proposed in Hoover’s commission report (1949).this budget is extension from line-items method this budget tries to answer this question “for what purpose the money is being spend”.
This budget is prepared on the basis of cost programme and this programme has to continue, modify and delete.
(4) Performance Budget – This method is similar to programme budgeting method it shifts programme to performance this method focus on performance.
Management technique such as cost benefit analysis are used to measure performance
Example- Data on acquisition of books, cataloguing, classification, man power and material use to perform the task.
(5) Planning programming budgeting system (PPBS)- This budgeting method proposed by United States Department of Defence (USDOD) in 1961. This method is an extension of programme budgeting method and focus on planning, establishment of goal and objective. it involves operation research, system analysis, and cost effectiveness process. this budget is a combination of programme budgeting and performance budgeting.
(6) Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB) - This method is proposed by peter pyhrr in 1970. This method focus on current situation and activity, it require knowledge of organisation lots of afford and training.
This method is common with PPBS and opposite of to histological budgeting. This budgeting method assume zero for each new programme it forget past budget and start with fresh so this is called zero based budgeting method.
LIS ONLINE STORE
Sunday, March 21, 2021
Monday, March 08, 2021
24th Ranganathan Memorial Lecture
INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF SPECIAL LIBRARIES AND INFORMATION CENTRES (IASLIC)
Topic- Why Do We Need More Public Libraries in India.
Time- 03:30 PM
24th Ranganathan Memorial Lecture on "Why Do We Need More Public Libraries in India?" delivered by Dr P R Goswami, Former Librarian, IGNCA, New Delhi on 13th March 2021 (Saturday) at 03:30 pm onwards through online mode,
For more details : Click Here
Join Google meet Click Here
LIS ONLINE STORE
Tuesday, March 02, 2021
"E-learning: A Tool for Library and Information Services"
Initiative for Academic Excellence by Madhya Pradesh Higher Education Quality Improvement Project (MPHEQIP)
Government Geetanjali Girls PG (Autonomous), College, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Date-- 05th, March 2021
Time-12.30 PM. to 3.30 PM. (IST).
Registration Link:- Click Here
Join on Google Meet
Link:- Click Here
YouTube link:- Click Here
E certificate shall be generated after submitting the feedback of this International Webinar.
Sunday, February 07, 2021
"Use of IT and ICT in Library"
Organized by State level NAAC And IQAC- KRGC
Date & Time- 10 Feb. 2021 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
NOTE- NO Registration Fees
Online Registration Click Here
Join Webinar Click Here
Thursday, August 06, 2020
All are cordially invited to join the Webinar using the link below:
e-Certificate of Participation will be awarded.
Amazon Gift Vouchers worth 7500/- for winners of e-Quiz during the session.
Wednesday, August 05, 2020
Friday, July 17, 2020
Odisha Library Academy
"How to lead a Stress Free Life in your own Profession"